In the mid-1800s, a group of the followers of the Dutch Reformed Church moved to the United States, and in 1857, started the CRCNA.
Eventually, the church would come to be known as Camp Busanda Christian Church, with Reynolds serving as its first pastor.
The church continued its expansion, attracting both military and civilian followers.
By God’s grace, we have come to know the Lord Jesus Christ as the only one who can rescue us from the guilt and power of sin.
The good news of Jesus Christ crucified and risen; fuels our worship, inspires our service, and stirs us to share the good news of the gospel with all around us.
Another branch developed under the influence of Ulrich Zwingli and later John Calvin.
Calvinists believe in the whole counsel of God taught in the Holy Bible and well summarized in the Heidelberg Catechism, the Belgic Confession, and the Canons of Dort.
When the Navy released Lynn Wade in 1954, he remained on the island to assist the Protestant Reformed Christians.
In 1959, the Reverend John Hofman arrived on Guam to assist Wade. By 1964, the chapel became known as the Faith Christian Reformed Church and attendance at weekly services included statesiders, Filipinos and Micronesians studying on Guam. Dykema would be appointed missionary pastor in 1965, while the Poels turned their attention to the growing bookstore ministry.
The origins of the Faith Presbyterian Christian Reformed Church on Guam date back to the 1950s, when military personnel from the Protestant Reformed Church worshiped together at the Navy Chapel.